David Nolan - Pastry Chef
The Graham Cracker Crust
1) 1 Cup Graham Crumbs
2) 1 ½ tbs. All Purpose Flour
3) 1 tbs. Granulated Sugar
4) ½ Stick of Butter - Unsalted
1) Mix all 3 in a mixer using the paddle on low speed.
2) Add melted butter slowly until evenly mixed.
The Key Lime Custard
1) 3 x 14 oz. of Sweetened Condensed Milk
2) 13 Egg Yolks
3) 8 oz. Key Lime Juice
1) Mix all three Ingredients together until combined.
2) Set aside and refrigerate.
To Bake the Pie
1) Using a 9” fluted pie shell, press graham cracker crumbs into the shell and
press in and up the sides.
2) Pour key lime mix into the shell until it reaches the top of the side.
3) Bake at 200F until the custard is, about 30 minutes.
4) Serve with freshly whipped sweet cream.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Measure all ingredients.
2) Melt Butter and Chocolate together over hot water bath.
3) Blend with hand mixer (hand blender) eggs and sugar.
Add butter and chocolate butter mixture and mix well.
4) Add flour.
5) Pour in aluminum cups or coffee cup, and bake at 375 F until cake is set
but center is still soft.
6) Serve with fresh berries.
1) Soften Gelatin with portion of milk.
2) Scald remaining milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and liquor.
3) Stir in gelatin and strain. Cool until set.
4) Decorate the top with diced melon.
In the Studio Kitchen with David Nolan (left)
and Lindsey Gustin (right)