Charles Town Races & Slots
U.S. Route 340
Charles Town, West Virginia
Steven Weiss - Executive Pastry Chef
1) 7 oz. Almond Paste
2) 7 oz. Sugar
3) 1 Egg White
1) In a mixer combine almond paste and sugar for 7 minutes.
2) Slowly add egg whites until a paste is formed. Then add a little more and wait
until it is incorporated before adding more.
3) Bake at a 350 degree convection oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
1) 1/2 cup Water
2) 6 tbs. Corn Syrup
3) 3 tbs. Unsalted Butter
4) 12 oz. Sugar
5) 12 oz. Coconut Macaroon
6) 1 1/2 oz. Cake Flour
7) 1/4 tsp. Salt
8) 1/2 cup Egg Whites
1) Bring water, butter and sugar to boil.
2) Add corn syrup to cool down off heat.
3) Place coconut, egg whites and flour in bowl with paddle and mix together.
4) Add liquids to mixer and continue mixing till cooled down.
5) Scoop out onto oiled parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350 degrees
or until done.
In the Studio Kitchen with Steven Weiss
(left) and Lindsey Gustin (right)
Combination of Almond and Coconut Macaroons
Various Deserts served at the Charles Town Races & Slots
Tiffany Lawrence (Public Relations) - Left
Steven Weiss (Executive Pastry Chef) - Central
Lindsey Gustin - Right