"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Linton - Certified Chef Instructor
Honey Lemon Ginger Jar
Ingredients:1) 1 cup honey
2) 2 lemons, sliced
3) 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
4) 16 oz. jar with lid
1) Add the lemon, ginger and honey to the jar in layers. I placed 2-3 slices of lemon in the jar,
added a couple of pieces of ginger and then a few spoonfuls of honey. Repeat until you
have used all the produce and the jar is full.
2) Screw the lid on tightly and put in the fridge for at least 12 hours before using to allow all
the ingredients to combine and the flavours to infuse. When ready, add one or two
teaspoons to a mug of warm water and drink immediately.
3) It is normal for the lemon juice and the honey to separate in the jar. The honey will settle
at the bottom and you will get a delicious lemon and ginger juice towards the top. Rather
than continuously mixing them back together, I simply take a spoon of the juice and a
spoon of the honey from the jar each time I use it.
4) The mixture will keep in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 2 months
Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
1) 1 tbs. olive oil
2) 1 yellow or white onion, diced
3) 6 cups chicken broth (or 6 cups water + 2 tbs. Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
4) 2 large carrots, cut into quarter inch slices
5) 1 rib of celery, diced
6) 1 tsp. salt
7) 1 tsp. pepper
8) 3/4 cup long grain white rice
9) 2 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
10) 2 tbs. butter, melted
11) 2 tbs. flour
12) 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
13) 2 eggs
14) Optional: feta cheese
1) Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil.
Swirl the oil around. Add in the
onion. Stir and saute the onion for about 3-4 minutes. Add
in the broth and let the broth
heat up while you cut up your carrots and celery. Add in the
carrots, celery, salt, pepper and rice.
2) Cut your chicken breasts in half, so they are half as thick. This will help them cook at the
same rate as the rice. Add them into the pot.
3) Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure
cook button to 5 minutes (high pressure).
4) Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
5) Open the pot and use tongs to remove chicken. Place the chicken on a cutting board and let
6) In a bowl whisk together the butter and flour until smooth. Ladle a cup of the soup into the
flour/butter mixture and whisk
until smooth. Ladle the mixture back into the pot. This will
help to thicken the soup.
7) Add the lemon juice into the pot.
8) In a bowl whisk together the eggs until frothy. Ladle a tablespoon of the hot soup into the
eggs and whisk, then repeat the process a few times. This way the eggs won’t scramble.
Add the entire mixture into the pot and stir. This will make the soup creamy and thick.
9) Shred the chicken* and add it to the pot.
Turmeric Honey Tea
1) 1 cup coconut water
2) 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
3) 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
4) 1/4 cup lemon juice
5) 1 tbs. honey
6) pinch of sea salt
7) pinch of black pepper
1) Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Strain if desired.
2) Serve with a stir stick and a straw. Add ice to make a refreshing cold drink
Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
1) 1 tbs. coconut oil
2) ½ onion, diced
3) 1 pound carrots (approx. 4 cups), peeled and chopped
4) Sea salt and pepper to taste
5) 3 cloves garlic, minced and left to sit for 10 minutes (to release allinaise)
6) 1 tsp. turmeric
7) 2 tbs. ginger, sliced
8) 3 cups bone broth (or vegetable broth)
9) ⅔ cup coconut milk
1) Heat a large pot over medium heat and add coconut oil, onion, and carrots. Cook
for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Add turmeric and ginger and cook for another minute.
3) Add broth and bring to a low boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook
for 20 minutes, until carrots are tender. Add coconut milk and garlic.
4) Add your soup mix to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth
(if you use a blender, cover the top with a towel to prevent any hot liquid from escaping
and splashing you!).
5) Taste and season with additional salt and pepper and enjoy!