1) 1 tbs. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) ½ lb. ground beef
3) ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
4) ¼ cup GOYA® Tomato Sauce
5) 6 GOYA® Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
6) 2 tbs. GOYA® Sofrito
7) 1 packet Sazón GOYA® with Coriander and Annatto
8) 1 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
9) ½ tsp. GOYA® Dried Oregano
10) GOYA® Ground Black Pepper, to taste
11) 1 pkg. (14 oz.)
12) GOYA® Discos – Dough for Turnovers Pastries (Yellow or White), thawed
13) GOYA® Corn Oil, for frying
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon,
about 10 minutes.
3) Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more.
4) Stir in tomato sauce, olives, Sofrito, Sazón, garlic, oregano and black pepper.
5) Lower heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
6) On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll out discos until ½” larger
7) Spoon about 1 tbs. meat mixture into middle, fold in half to form a half moon;
moisten edges with water and pinch to seal closed, or seal with a fork.
8) Fill a deep saucepan with oil to a depth of 2½”.
9) Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking (350°F on deep-fry
10) Cook Empanadas in batches until crisp and golden brown, flipping once, 4 – 6
11) Transfer to paper towels to drain.