"Recipes from the Chef's Kitchen"
Good Energy LLC
Erin Clarke - Chef Instructor
Grilled Pear, Walnut & Arugula Salad
1) 2 Firm Pears (cored and sliced into wedges)
2) 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped
3) Parmigiano-Reggiano shaved
4) 8 cups Arugula
5) Honey Rosemary Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
1) Wash and dry arugula, set aside.
2) Toast walnuts. Set aside.
3) Heat a griddle pan on medium high heat.
4) Slice pears into wedges. Brush them lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
5) Once the grill is hot, add the pears 2-3 minutes on both side.
5) Use a peeler and shave the parmigiana- reggiano.
1) Take 4 tbs. of the vinaigrette coat and dress the
2) Then take 1 tbs. of the vinaigrette and dress the grilled
3) Finish assembling the salad and combine the dressed arugula,
pears, walnuts, and cheese.
The Honey Rosemary Vinaigrette
1) 1/2 Shallot (finely minced)
2) 2 tbs. Honey
3) 5 tbs. Sherry Vinegar
4) 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
5) 3 tbs. Walnut Oil
6) 2 tsp. Rosemary (finely chopped)
7) Pinch of Coriander
8) Salt & Pepper to taste
a medium sized mixing bowl, add honey, shallots, and sherry vinegar.
2) Slowly drizzle in the avocado oil while whisking continually.
3) Once the
avocado oil has been blended completely add the walnut oil and do the
4) Finally add the rosemary , coriander, and salt and pepper to taste.
5) If the vinaigrette is too think, add a splash of water.
6) Let it rest.
Wild Mushroom Ragu with
1) 1 pint Cremini Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
2) 2 cups Oyster Mushrooms (chopped)
3) 1 cup Shitake Mushrooms (sliced)
4) 2 cups Chantrelles (cleaned and half)
5) 2 Shallots (small dice)
6) 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
7) 1 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil
8) 2 tsp. Butter or Ghee
9) 1/2 cup Red Wine
10) 1/4 cup Sherry
11) 3 tbs. Parsley
12) 2 tsp. Thyme
13) 1 tsp. Chives
14) 1 tsp. Rosemary
15) 1 tsp. Tarragon
16) 1 tsp. Crush Red Pepper
17) Salt & Pepper to taste
18) 1 tbs. Butter
1) Take a medium/large sized sauté pan
and heat on medium high.
2) Make sure the pan is up to temperature before
adding oil and butter.
3) Once the butter is melted and bubbling add
shallots and garlic, sauté until
4) Add 1/3 the mushrooms and brown.
5) Continue to add and
brown the mushrooms.
6) Gently season with a bit of salt and pepper as you
7) Once all the mushrooms are browned, add 1/3 the herbs and all the crush red pepper.
Let the flavors blossom for 2 minutes.
8) Add the wines and allow to reduce by half.
the wine is reducing at a rolling boil.
10) Lower heat and mount with tbsp
butter, make sure you continuously swirl the pan to
allow the butter to
blend and thicken the sauce.
11) Season with another 1/3 of the herbs and check salt and pepper, once the sauce of the
Ragu is blended.
12) Serve and garnish with the rest of the herbs.
1) 2 cups Milk of choice ( I use blend coconut & almond)
2) 2 tbs. Lemon Juice
3) 2 tbs. ghee
4) 1 1/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
6) Pinch of salt
6) 1 tsp. honey (optional)
7) 6 eggs (2/3 cup aqua faba for vegan substitution)
8) Little bit of ghee for first cook.
the milk, ghee, flour, lemon juice, salt, and honey in a blender. To
blend best, place
the wet ingredients first. Leave out on the counter
for 12-24 hours (overnight).
2) When the mixture is done soaking, add the eggs to the batter and blend again to combine.
3) Heat a pan over medium heat. I usually start with a hotter pan then reduce the heat to speed
up the process.
4) Add a small amount of ghee to the pan, 1 tsp or less.
5) Ladle 1 1/2 to 2 oz. of the batter into the pan.
6) Swirl the pan to achieve a
even thin coat of the bottom and up the sides of the pan ever so
slightly. Allow the batter to cook and dry out a bit. Usually 1 to 1 1/2
minutes. Look for a
lightly browned edge.
7) It is now ready to flip. Let cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
8) Repeat until the batter is all cooked.
9) Serve as desired.