Executive Chef Tony Priolo
(This is a Bread Salad from Toscany)
1) 12 Whole Ripe Plum Tomatoes - cut into large cubes
2) 1 Whole Red Bell Pepper - diced
3) 1 Whole Yellow Pepper - diced
4) 2 Stalks Green Onion - sliced thin
5) 1/2 Small Red Onion - sliced thin
6) 1 Large Seedless Cucumber - sliced in half
7) 4 Sprigs Fresh Basil
8) 4 oz. Bread (day old) - diced
9) 2 oz. Red Wine Vinegar
10) 3 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
11) Salt and Pepper
12) 2 oz. Celery Leaves
1) In a large mixing bowl...add the stale bread and toss with the red wine and
2) Then add the remaining vegetables and olive oil...plus the salt and pepper and
the hand-torn fresh basil sprigs.
3) Adjust the seasoning and let salad stand for about 1 hour before serving.
4) You can serve the salad at room temperature or lightly chilled.
5) After you put the salad on a plate...you can put lean meat or fish on top.
Some Vegetables that were used in the Salad