David Richards - Executive Chef
(Giving a cooking presentation)
1) 1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter - very cold and chopped into small pieces
2) 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
3) 3 1/2 cups AP Flour
4) 1/2 tsp. Salt
5) 1 tsp. Baking Powder
6) 1/4 - 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1) Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2) In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, blend everything but the whipping
cream into a coarse meal.
3) Then add the heavy cream slowly just until the dough pulls together.
4) Dust a workspace with sugar and roll out dough to about 1/2 inch thickness,
cut into desired shape.
5) Brush top of unbaked scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
6) Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
7) They are done when slightly brown, they may also appear a bit undercooked
in middle but will finish cooking while cooking.
8) Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
1) This is a basic scone recipe. Please feel creative when you make these. Add
dried fruits, chocolate or your favorite herb or spice. Additional ingredients
are best added just before adding the heavy whipping cream.
2) The two most important rules in scones are one, not to overmix and two, not
1) Picture of the restaurant - Left
2) Beet Risotto served at the restaurant - Right