1) 2 1/2 cups chopped Broccoli, Spinach, Mushrooms, Carrots
Green Beans, Pea Pods, Asparagus, Fennel Etc. You may
use any vegetables that you prefer. If you wish...you may add
some of the following: choice of cooked (medium rare) Tuna,
Scallops, Chicken Breast, Shrimp
2) 1/2 Quart Heavy Cream
3) 5 Eggs
4) Pinch of Nutmeg
5) Salt and Pepper to taste
6) 1 clove chopped Garlic
7) 1 lb. Puffed Pastry or Pastry Sheet
8) 8-inch Spring Form Pan 3 inches high
1) Chop vegetables into small pieces. Cook vegetables of choice to medium done.
Place in ice-cold water to cool. (Cook each vegetable separate if layers are desired.)
2) Mix cream, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg together.
3) Line the Spring Form Pan with the pastry.
4) If you want layers of vegetables, then cook and cool vegetables separately. Then
place layers in shell then add liquid. Tent with aluminum foil.
5) Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours 45 minutes.
6) Check with a knife to see if done.
7) Leave quiche for 10 minutes to cool before cutting to serve.
8) Serve with salad, chips or fries.
Some of the Vegetables used in
the preparation of the Quiche
Dressing for a Salad
1) Using a hand blender, add the oil slowly to the balsamic vinegar.
2) Add the shallots and the salt and pepper to taste
3) Mix and let set overnight to blend.
4) If you want slightly sweet, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar.