Chef Marcus Mooney
Bice Restorante was founded in 1926 in Milan Italy by Beatrice Ruggeri...or as she was known to her friends and family, Bice, for whom the restaurant was named. In the 1970's...this Italian restaurant became the restaurant of choice for the international elite of fashion and design. In the summer of the year 2000, Morando Berrettini and Grazziano Ferrari brought this elegant style of Italian dining to Northbrook, Illinois.
The restaurant provides two dining experiences to its guests.
The grill is its more casual side...catering to families and those who are looking for a quick healthy bite to eat. The fine dining side represents the service and food style that one would fine in Milan, Italy.
Bice features nightly specials from all regions of Italy, however the changing menu always stays true to its roots of Milan.
Please come and enjoy the time honored tradition of Italian hospitality and authenic cruisine.
1) 1 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2) 1/2 oz. Garlic
3) 5oz. Risotto par cooked
4) 3 oz. Mushrooms (any desired variety)
5) 1 1/2 oz. Parmesan Cheese
6) 1/2 oz. Butter
7) 1/2 oz. Truffle Oil
8) 6 to 8 oz. Mushroom, Chicken or Vegetable Stock.
9) 1 Shallot
10) Any good White Wine.
1) Pour the oil and butter into a pan and heat until
butter is melted.
2) Add the garlic and shallots to the pan and sweat
3) Carefully add the mushrooms to the pan and toss
to coat with the oil.
4) Splash with white wine and add the rice.
5) Slowly pour the stock into the rice; about 2 oz. at
a time and allow the rice to absorb the stock; be
sure to constantly move the pan to avoid sticking.
6) Test the rice to ensure it is to your liking and finish
with parmesan cheese, butter and truffle oil.